Character profiles are like guides where you can list details and facts about your characters. It’s a good way to learn more about your character, or to use as a “storage” of your character’s information. Here’s a questionnaire you can use.
Important memories and why:
Relationship with family/caretakers:
How they were growing up:
Style of dress:
Describe their smile:
Describe their posture:
Describe their face:
How self-confident is the character?
How do they see him/herself?
How do they believe s/he is perceived by others?
What is the character most proud of?
What does the character like least about themselves?
How do they express themselves?
Is this character generally dominant or submissive?
Describe their sense of humor:
Optimist or Pessimist:
Introvert or extrovert:
Character’s darkest secret:
Describe character’s sense of morals:
What do they consider taboo (something they personally would never do):
Describe character’s etiquette:
Describe character’s sense of self-control:
Spontaneous or structured?
Instinctual or logical?
How does this character act in public?
How does this character act in privacy?
How does this character act around strangers vs. how they act around friends?
How does this character act around family?
How has this character most changed from youth?
How have they remained the same?
Has this character dealt with the loss of someone they knew? Who?
Reaction to conflict/Danger:
To being criticized:
To being insulted:
How do they express anger:
Love (Consider the “Five Languages of Love”):
Dislike (of a person, thing, or idea):
Approval (of a person, thing, or idea):
How does this character view life:
How does the character view death:
How does the character view society:
How does the character imagine his/her own death:
What does the character want out of life:
What does this character consider “success” to be:
What would the character like to change in his/her life:
What motivates this character:
What discourages this character:
What makes this character happy:
What makes this character sad:
What makes this character angry:
What humiliates this character:
What most describes this character’s personality?
Psychoanalysis (Describe why they act the way they do):
- queenofeden likes this
- artfullydisorganized likes this
- kevindarling likes this
- orlesiantrash reblogged this from illuthra
- orlesiantrash likes this
- illuthra reblogged this from benevolentdarklord
- mitzininja reblogged this from fuckyeahocdevelopment
- overgoesgrover likes this
- benevolentdarklord reblogged this from fuckyeahocdevelopment
- benevolentdarklord likes this
- kiriux reblogged this from fuckyeahocdevelopment
- vigilantepearce likes this
- classicalpacas likes this
- sentencers likes this
- thexexpressionist likes this
- 890firefox likes this
- harley1x1 likes this
- oiseauuu likes this
- liextenant likes this
- agatharps likes this
- awkwardroleplayer reblogged this from annirps
- annirps reblogged this from fuckyeahocdevelopment
- a-lovely-vibe reblogged this from fuckyeahocdevelopment
- moose--girl likes this
- people-skills-are-rusty likes this
- damin22 likes this
- failedoctober likes this
- kyrizethornwick likes this
- strikebox reblogged this from fuckyeahocdevelopment
- violablacklobo likes this
- puertopanamaicanindu likes this
- nightly-arcade likes this
- stridersprites likes this
- rp-faceclaims likes this
- meowmd2 reblogged this from fuckyeahocdevelopment
- missstellaric likes this
- meowmd2 likes this
- takedaluvtrain reblogged this from fuckyeahocdevelopment
- queen-thranduil likes this
- twinklebliss likes this
- jazmyntea likes this
- veviara likes this
- xxvias-derps-xx reblogged this from fuckyeahocdevelopment
- nasuubi likes this
- xxvias-derps-xx likes this
- darksaoirse reblogged this from fuckyeahocdevelopment
- darksaoirse likes this
- marliethefiggynewton reblogged this from fuckyeahocdevelopment
- marliethefiggynewton likes this